Our Mission Statement:
Promoting the independence, health, recovery and community integration of persons with mental health challenges through the provision of mental health case management, supportive housing and a broad range of other programs and services.
- Operating since 1977.
- The first community-based supportive housing agency in Toronto and the first to offer mental health case management services.
- Founded by a program director, along with senior management and a group of social workers, from the Queen Street Mental Health Centre (now CAMH).
- Created to address the critical need for housing and support for discharged psychiatric patients.
- One of Ontario’s first high-support housing programs with 24-hour staff.
- A founding member of Ontario Federation of Community Mental Health and Addictions Programs (now Addictions and Mental Health Ontario); The Supportive Housing Coalition (now Mainstay Housing); The Toronto Mental Health and Addictions Supportive Housing Network and the Dream Team (the organized group of consumer/survivors who use their stories to advocate for more supportive housing).
- Now a multi-service agency providing case management, supportive housing as well as a wide range of other programs and services to adults experiencing mental health challenges.